One step closer

I finally managed to get my Willem EPROM programmer working in Windows 7 thanks to this article from Doug Brown. Thanks Doug! http://www.downtowndougbrown.com/2010/10/sivava-willem-eprom-programmer-on-windows-7-64-bit/
So after copying the original EPROM’s contents to my HDD (you never know!), I made a test EPROM on a 2532 chip as described on Leon’s Flipper-Fan site (see my links) and set up my test environment.

The test setup

The test setup for the test with Leon's test EPROM

I ran the test a couple of times and found that the memory test fails every time!
So I need to replace the two memory chips, both ancient and hard to find…

The memory chips on the CPU board

One of these or both is defective.

I have already found a few online stores that sell the 6514J-9, but as for the 2114, no luck yet…

I’ll start by ordering the 6514J-9 and hope the 2114 still works. If not, I’ll need to look for a replacement.

Anyway, I’m in a hotel in Sweden for the next two weeks, doing some work, so there won’t be a lot of updates until I get back.

Cheers!



Leave a Reply